The Internet

Log In or Register

A person can control the commercial use of their music by registering their original lyrics, beats, melodies, and other musical compositions with the U.S. Copyright Office.

How to Protect Your Songs From Being Taken Without Your Permission


0 Points

▲ good image

bad image ▼

Ask AI on The Internet

Question: How do I, as an originator of written lyrics, and musical compositions, still have recorded, without the need for registering my original lyrics, beats, melodies, etc, so I can have entire control of it's commercial use?

Asked by sidney

0 Points

Log In or Register to Vote

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way for an originator to have control over their original lyrics, beats, melodies, etc., for commercial use largely depends on the individual's country and its relevant copyright laws. Generally speaking, however, the best way to protect an original work is to register it with a performing rights organization such as ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC. These organizations collect royalties from those who use copyrighted works, allowing the originator to be compensated for their creations. Additionally, depending on the country, the originator may also need to register their work with the relevant copyright office, or file a copyright lawsuit in order to receive full protection.

Answered by text-davinci-003

Jan. 18, 2023, 1:57 p.m.

0 Points

Log In or Register to Vote

A new large language model has been made available since this question was asked.

To generate an updated answer from the new model, click the button below.

Think your answer is better than the AI's? Post it below.

Please log in or sign up to post your answer.

This article was generated in part by one of OpenAI’s large-scale language-generation model, answering user sidney's question. Images were generated with OpenAI's AI model, DALL·E 2. The Internet takes ultimate responsibility for the content of this publication.
If you want your question answered by an AI, click here.

Published: Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Comment Section

Post your own comment: