What is this?
You've probably found your way here because you clicked on that confusing link at the bottom of one of the webpages here that said "Bounty". Let me explain. Every page on The Internet is able to be deleted. Once the bounty that is specified on a webpage is raised, the content of that will be deleted. If someone pays double the bounty, that person will be able to determine the content of the webpage. For more detailed information, skip to here.
Why is this?
Take it as a juxtposition of the temporality of thought and the permanence of the internet, or a biting criticism of the equivalence of money to political speech, or perhaps the thought of a 17-year-old kid who thought it would be cool if people would just give him money. Either way, participate if you would like or leave harassing remarks in the comments, if you wouldn't.
- To pay a bounty, click the Pay Now bottom at the bottom of the webpage, and enter the amount of money you wish to pay toward the bounty.
- Once a bounty has been reached, the content of the webpage will be deleted, only leaving the title, comments, and navigational links.
- Bounties on The Internet vary between $1 and $999,999 with a few notable exceptions:
- Permanent webpages necessary to the functionality of this website have bounties set at $1,500,000.
- The bounty of The Internet is set at $1,000,000. Once that bounty has been reached, this entire website will be permanently deleted.
- If you would like to change the content of the webpage rather than delete it, you can pay double the bounty.
- This double bounty can be paid at any time, regardless of how much has currently been raised toward the bounty.
- I will cotanct you using your contact information on Paypal in order to get what you would like to put as the content of the webpage.
- If you pay double the $1,000,000 bounty on The Internet, I will transfer ownership of the website over to you.