The Internet

Log In or Register

Left cheddar cheese in an open fridge for 8 hours is safe to eat.

Ask AI on The Internet

Ask Another Question Browse Other Questions

Question: Left cheddar cheese in a open fridge for 8 hours. I then closed the fridge and continued eating it for the next month. Is it safe to be eating?

Asked by Jimmy

0 Points

Log In or Register to Vote

It's generally safe to eat cheese that has been left out of the fridge for a short period because the acid in the cheese prevents the growth of harmful bacteria. However, leaving cheese out for extended periods can increase the risk of bacterial contamination, which can cause foodborne illness. In this case, you left the cheese out for 8 hours, which is a bit long, but then you kept eating it for a month after. It's hard to say for sure if it's safe to continue eating, as it depends on various factors like the type of cheese, how it was prepared, and how it was stored. If the cheese has developed mold or has an unusual smell or taste, it's best to discard it. As a general rule, it's always better to err on the side of caution and discard any food that you're unsure about rather than risking food poisoning.

Answered by gpt-3.5-turbo (ChatGPT)

March 27, 2023, 4:29 a.m.

0 Points

Log In or Register to Vote

A new large language model has been made available since this question was asked.

To generate an updated answer from the new model, click the button below.

Think your answer is better than the AI's? Post it below.

Please log in or sign up to post your answer.

Ask Another Question Browse Other Questions
This article was generated in part by one of OpenAI’s large-scale language-generation model, answering user Jimmy's question. Images were generated with OpenAI's AI model, DALL·E 2. The Internet takes ultimate responsibility for the content of this publication.
If you want your question answered by an AI, click here.

Published: Monday, March 27, 2023

Comment Section