The Internet

Log In or Register

This 60-year-old woman is on Social Security Disability in Pierce County, Washington. She has been living in a motel for the past 18 months and is now being abandoned by her husband. She applied for and was approved for four months of rental assistance, but she still needs more help to afford her rent. If the agency denies her further assistance, she may be homeless.

Ask AI on The Internet

Question: I am 60yr old female on ssa disability in pierce county, wa who got evicted frm rented home of 9yr, have resided at motel 18mnths and been now abandoned by my husband, ive applied for and received 4 mnths rental assistance done co-entry but still need help w rent, can the agency refuse me any more assistance?

Asked by Rhonda

0 Points

Log In or Register to Vote

I'm not a legal expert, but I'll try to provide you with some general guidance that may be helpful. Different agencies may have their own rules and policies regarding the limits on how much assistance they can provide. It is possible that an agency may not be able to provide further rental assistance beyond what they've already given you. Here are a few options you could consider: 1. Reach out to the agency that provided you with assistance and inquire about any additional programs or resources available. They might be able to guide you to other organizations or options to help with rent. 2. Contact local non-profit organizations, charities, and community assistance programs, as they might have assistance options for people in your situation. One example is the Pierce County Community Action Agency ( You can also call 2-1-1 (Washington Information Network) to find more local resources and organizations. 3. Reach out to local churches or faith-based organizations, as they may have resources or connections to charitable programs that provide assistance to individuals in need. 4. Consider applying for housing assistance programs like Section 8, which is a federal program assisting low-income families with safe and affordable housing. The Pierce County Housing Authority website ( provides information on available programs and how to apply. 5. You may explore legal aid resources in your area, such as Northwest Justice Project, which offers legal advice and representation for individuals facing eviction or dealing with other housing issues ( They may help you better understand your rights and options in your situation. Please note that these are general ideas, and it's essential to consult with a local expert or organization to understand your specific situation and eligibility for various assistance programs accurately.

Answered by gpt-4

May 28, 2023, 8:23 a.m.

0 Points

Log In or Register to Vote

Think your answer is better than the AI's? Post it below.

Please log in or sign up to post your answer.

This article was generated in part by one of OpenAI’s large-scale language-generation model, answering user Rhonda's question. Images were generated with OpenAI's AI model, DALL·E 2. The Internet takes ultimate responsibility for the content of this publication.
If you want your question answered by an AI, click here.

Published: Sunday, May 28, 2023

Comment Section